Do you ever feel a gap in your employee’s existing performance and what the individual is actually capable of doing?
Most often when an organization hires people they take into account the existing performance of the candidate with a hope to nurture them for organization’s goal specific behaviors. Yet when the employees actually get on board, organizations realize that to bridge the gap between existing performance and the expected performance they need to get an expert on board.
Here an expert refers to a coach. Now who is a coach? It is someone, who has the ability to bridge the gap between performance gaps. Moreover, what we need today is an executive coach. An executive coach is someone who has the potential to enhance employee performance, to achieve specific goals for the organization they serve.
Executive Coaching can help in unleashing the true potential of employees.
Another question that may arise in the minds of organizations would be why they should hire an executive coach for the purpose of training their employees. The answer lies in the following benefits of having an executive coach-
- An executive coach can identify the high performing and high potential individuals who are capable of leading teams
- Helps in the smooth development of leadership and managerial skills among different class of employees
- Helps improve the basic interpersonal and intrapersonal skills of individuals like conflict resolution, necessary to survive at every level of job
Although it may seems like the organization can look after these needs themselves, why spend extra on hiring executive coach, yet what they miss is the fact that an executive coach is trained in coaching which would rather be a plus for the organization.
Moving further why should organizations look for executive coaching as a solution? A simple answer, executive coaching is a mutual understanding and a trusting relationship shared by the coach and his coachee to bring out the best underlying potential, enabling the coachee to deliver the desired results expected of him as well as opening avenues to where he aspires to see himself in the future.
Let’s now dive into the process of executive coaching i.e. how executive coaching works-
Coaching is a confidential affair that an organization and its employees engage in.
Therefore, the aspect of mutual trust is critical.
The process is simple –
- The terms of coaching relationship need to be defined
- Consider the timing and logistics required to conduct the coaching
- The coach and the coachee need to understand why both are here and what can the coachee expect from the coaching session
- The coach has to address the specific needs of the coachee and push him to move beyond his current position to the desired position
- Arrive at a measure of success for the coaching journey i.e. what will the feedback mechanism be like