“Talent might win you a game, but a team would definitely win you a championship”
There is no arena, sector or genre where you could grow individually. You always need support and cooperation of different individuals. In recent studies and analysis, it is found that soon requirement, cooperation, coordination and collaboration is going to be on peek, especially in the corporate industry. Hence the requirement of techniques to build teams have subsequently raised. One of the aspects of which is the 7 C’s of Team Building are quite advantageous and helpful. So, let’s understand them gradually.
1. Common Goal: In a company, or in any type of organization the basic requirement to operate its functioning is the establishment of a realistic goal. This goal could be long term or short term. And it is very important that all employees and workers picture this goal as the ultimate accomplishment. Each employee should have the focus to imply efforts in order to achieve a similar objective. When all the members of your team will put efforts in a similar direction, they will end up achieving organizational and personal goals both.
2. Cohesion: In every organization, a feeling of togetherness and unity is very important. This is an attribute which is invisible but is of great importance. Once you develop integrity in your team then members of your team will automatically start coordinating and cooperating with each other and would rather move to organizational excellence. This will result in better productivity and minimization of errors.
3. Collaboration: A team collaboration signifies the state where everyone is in a win-win situation. It is not about compromising on one’s view, but it is about understanding and leveraging the best way to achieve the team goal. Collaboration requires skills such as negotiation, problem-solving and emotional intelligence. Collaboration leads to the fulfillment of personal goals and organizational goals as well.
4. Commitment: Commitment comes with dedication and is the most important aspect in 7C’s of team building. It reflects the trust and responsibility a member bear. If there is a commitment among the employees, they also have the strength to accomplish the common goal.
5. Communication: To build effective cooperation between a group or team, it is very important to have unrestricted communication. This happens as a goal or an objective consist of divergent areas where they need to work, and these areas are interconnected with each other. So, to put efforts in the correct direction it is required that every individual should be aware of what’s happening from a wholistic perspective.
6. Continuous Improvement: “Change is the law of nature” and to meet its effects one needs to evolve himself continuously. It is observed that a team which is constantly improving is more efficient and capable. Improvement is required not only in the field of individual skills but also as a team together.
7. Creativity: Creativity is the base of success. More creative a team is more variety of options to solve problems and deal situations increases. An organization can invite creativity through the inclusion of diverse people, welcoming ideas from all areas and creating an experimenting environment.
7 C’s of an Effective Team creates a suitable work environment, where employees both individually and as a team are more efficient and likely to enjoy what they do. This type of welcoming ambiance leads to efficiency and higher productivity. The 7 C’s of team building characteristics can be inherited quite easily and with a little effort. An organization’s main strength is its employees not only as an individual but as a coordinating and cooperative team. Hence developing your teams on these aspects is something which is important, one of the ways to achieve the same is through team building activities.